In the village of Edderton, formerly known as the “parish of the peats”, lies Balblair Distillery surrounded by beautiful countryside. The distillery, named after the nearby Balblair Farm where is was originally built in the 1790’s, moved to its present site in 1895. The buildings have changed little since then, the main characteristics being the pagoda-roofed kiln, sadly no longer in operation, and the 70 foot high red brick chimney, both visible for miles around. Colour: Orange gold. Nose: Sweet - vanilla essence with hints of cedar wood and citrus fruits. Palate: Peaty with oaky notes (grape stalks & bracken), touch of crushed peppercorns. Body: Smooth & soft. Finish Burnt fruit cake. Smooth, easy drinking Highland Malt.